2015 WONDERSLIM SHARE YOUR STORY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDING IN THE FORTY-EIGHT (48) CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
These Official Rules (the “Rules”) constitute a legally binding agreement by and between the sponsor, Diet Direct, Inc., owner of the WonderSlim brand of weight loss products (“WonderSlim”), and you (“You” or “Your”) concerning Your entry in the 2015 Share Your Story Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. EDT on October 7, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received within the Contest Period.
- Only members of MyWonderSlim.com, WonderSlim’s FREE online weight loss community, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and legal residents physically residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States are eligible to enter. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law. Internet Access is required to enter and no entries will be accepted by facsimile, mail, or any means other than the Internet submission form. Officers, directors, members, and employees of WonderSlim or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of such individuals, and persons residing in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
Winners must be available for travel to Wilmington, North Carolina between January 2016 and February 2016. WonderSlim reserves the right to disqualify and replace Winners who are not available to travel on selected dates.
- HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the Contest using the online application form (the “Online Form”) at any time during the Contest Period. Valid entries must include (a) a completed Online Form, (b) Your agreement to these Rules, (c) un-retouched, full body “before” and “after” photographs that illustrate Your weight loss(d) Your inspiring weight-loss “Success Story” entry submitted as either (i) a written Success Story of 400 words or less, or (ii) a video Success Story of two (2) minutes or less sent as a link to a video sharing site (such as YouTube or Vimeo) or an online file storage service. Photos and videos must be of You only. Limit one entry per person. All entries must be in English. WonderSlim is not responsible for late, incomplete, illegible, or damaged entries. All entries, including all submitted photos and videos, will become the property of WonderSlim and will not be returned.
The odds of winning are based on the number of entrants who submit an eligible entry.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be considered and up to two (2) potential winners will be selected by WonderSlim, in its sole discretion, after judging the eligible entries based on the following criteria: (a) quality of before and after photographs, (b) quality of written Success Story or video success story, and (c) amount of weight lost relative to the entrant’s before weight. WINNERS ARE NOT CHOSEN AT RANDOM. WonderSlim reserves the right to make all decisions related to the Contest.
Within fifteen (15) days after the close of the Contest Period, the potential winners for the Contest will notified by telephone and/or email. Each potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified, otherwise the non-responding potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected based on the judging criteria outlined above.
Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he or she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of any necessary waivers, publicity, and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared a “Winner” of the Contest. A potential winner’s noncompliance with any request for execution of waivers and releases may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected based on the judging criteria outlined above.
- Each Winner will receive a trip to Wilmington, North Carolina, with an approximate retail value of $2,650 as follows: (a) Roundtrip airfare for one (1) person from any international airport in the contiguous United States to Wilmington International Airport, coach class; (b) two (2) nights in a standard hotel located in Wilmington, to be selected by WonderSlim; (c) participation in a professional “Photo Shoot,” featuring Winner, wherein Winner will be recorded by photographic and video means for potential future use in WonderSlim media; (d) a five-hundred dollar gift card ($500) to a clothing retailer(s), to be selected by WonderSlim, for the express purpose of buying clothing and accessories to be worn by the Winner in the Photo Shoot; (e) rental car transportation for the duration of the Winner’s trip, to be selected and booked by WonderSlim, and (f) two hundred fifty ($250) in spending cash (collectively, the “Prize”). Except as expressly identified above, transportation, gratuities, meals, travel insurance, laundry service, hotel room service, transportation, and all other costs, expenses, and incidentals in connection with the Winner’s receipt and use of the Prize are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
All certificate, vouchers, checks, and other documents constituting the Prize will be mailed by WonderSlim to the Winner, with the Winner assuming all risk related to shipment and delivery.
Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except as stated herein or upon the prior written approval of WonderSlim. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY WONDERSLIM.
Applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will comply with all requests by WonderSlim for information and forms related to taxes.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. By participating in the Contest, the Winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest or WonderSlim, and to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility, and release of liability prior to acceptance of the Prize. By accepting the prize, the Winner grants to WonderSlim the irrevocable right to use the winner’s name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). The Winner understands and agrees that the photographs and video footage taken during the Photo Shoot will become the exclusive property of WonderSlim and may be used in future WonderSlim media, including advertising.
- SUCCESS STORY VERIFICATION & BACKGROUND CHECK. WonderSlim reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of the Winner, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, Winner shall authorize this background check. WonderSlim may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to WonderSlim by Winner in his or her Success Story. In that regard, Winner will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that WonderSlim may conduct such investigation. WonderSlim reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify the Winner from the Contest and receipt of the Prize based on the background check.
You agree that in Your participation in the Contest You will not upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute any objectionable content as defined in the “Conduct” section of the Terms.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WONDERSLIM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- INDEMNITY BY YOU. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WonderSlim and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors, assigns, contractors and Third-Party Service Providers from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings (collectively, Claims), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, arising out of or relating to: (a) Your breach of these Rules, (b) Your access to participation in the Contest; (c) Your acceptance and/or use of the Prize; and (d) any other conduct by You appurtenant to the Contest.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. You assume all liability for losses or injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. WonderSlim is not responsible for: (a) any late, incomplete, or misdirected entries; or (b) for any incorrect or inaccurate information, in the Rules or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of chips or bets in the Contest. WonderSlim assumes no responsibility for an error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of authorized access to, or alteration of, Contest entries. WonderSlim is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or participants on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading materials in the contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including legal restriction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of WonderSlim that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, WonderSlim reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION PROHIBITION. As stated in the Terms, to the extent permitted by law, You agree not to bring, join or participate in any class action as to any claim, dispute or controversy you may have against WonderSlim or its employees, officers, directors, assignees and servicers. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove yourself as a participant in the suit. This agreement is not a waiver of any of your rights and remedies to pursue a claim individually and not as a class action in binding arbitration as provided above. This agreement not to bring or participate in class action suits is an independent agreement and shall survive the closing and repayment of the loan for which you are applying.
You hereby agree that disputes and controversies of every kind and nature between You and WonderSlim or its successors or assignees, and any claim or dispute by either of us against any agent, employee, successor, or assignee of the other including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, third parties who are not signatories to this agreement, including any past, present and future claims and disputes hereto arising out of or in connection with this agreement as to the existence, construction, validity, interpretation or meaning, performance, nonperformance, enforcement, operation, breach, continuance, or termination therefore, as well as whether the controversy or dispute is subject to arbitration, and the amount of any loss or damage, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association. In the event this provision or any part thereof is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions of this agreement shall not be effected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect.
- COPIES OF RULES AND WINNERS’ LIST. For a printed copy of these Rules or, after termination of the Contest Period, a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Diet Direct, Inc., 3200 Corporate Drive, Suite B, Wilmington, NC 28405.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Contest is Diet Direct, Inc., 3200 Corporate Drive, Suite B, Wilmington, NC 28405, referenced herein as “WonderSlim.”
Click here to view the contest overview and entry page.